Friday, June 15, 2012

On The Mend

 First of all, I would like to thank all my friends that have checked out my blog and signed up on my Facebook fan page, Pieter David Gaskin Author. It is my wish to keep you posted on the release of my first book "Adirondack Luau".

 The title of this blog is "On the Mend" and I have been. A week ago Tuesday I had a minor surgery that went very well. I was home bound for about 4 days, but have since been able to venture out for a short period of time.

 Being home has allowed me to do what I hope to be a final edit on my book. The bummer has been that up until today, I haven't been able to sit at the computer for a long period of time. I did manage to go through and edit a "hard copy" of my manuscript so that all I will need to do is fix the document on my computer.

 After I'm through with that, a copy will be sent to Susan at Adirondack Editing for a fresh set of eyes. You can find her on Facebook. She is about to launch her business and I must say she does a fantastic job.

 I see from my first blog there weren't any comments made. PLEASE don't be bashful and feel free to leave any comments you wish.

 For instance, is anyone reading this interested in reading some of the first chapter of my book? If so,please leave a comment here or on my fan page. If I get enough,I will post here on my blog in the very near future.

 Thanks again for taking an interest in my creation.

Pieter David Gaskin

3 comments:

  1. Pieter
    I am very interested in your process. I have been working on learning the art of writing for twenty years. I have written three novels in that time (and rewritten them each several times). I think I've finally figured it out but have lost the conviction I can get the novel published and appreciated. I am interested in hearing about your experiences and seeing your first chapter. (First Chapters are very important.) If you're interested I would be happy to email you my first chapter.
    Doug Osborne....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well first of all I recommend Adirondack Editing. Susan would be a reasonably priced great set of different eyes. Again her fan page is on Facebook and she lives near Lowville.

      As far as publishing there is Amazon Create Space where you can do it yourself for a nominal fee IF the material is industry ready...hence Susan again.

      Will post part of my first chapter soon.

      Delete
  2. Pete - I read your first blog, and saved it to My Favorites list. Sorry I didn't comment! Thanks for the plug!

    Susan Uttendorfsky
    LinkedIn
    www.adirondackediting.com
    Facebook: Adirondack Editing

    ReplyDelete