Saturday, July 28, 2012

Patience Is a Must

The creation of Adirondack Luau has been quite a journey.I am now on my seventh illustrator.I can honestly say though that this has been a blessing.

The "set backs" have allowed me to find an excellent editor at a price I could afford as well as a world renowned artist in Jerry Merrill.

Jerry was a classmate of my parents and lives only five miles from me. He is most noted for ice sculptures, but does EVERYTHING including oils,watercolors,inks...you name it.

When first approached, he wasn't sure he could do the "cartoony" thing, but I told him to just do what he was comfortable with. I gave him a few paragraphs of the story and a picture that went along with it.(Yes,the story locations are REAL!). What I got back was a very detailed ink drawing of the scene with his grandson in place of my character in action...at no cost! Jerry is what I have been looking for...someone willing to "audition" with no strings attached and someone willing to put in the time.

His price is also right. I can't divulge that here as this is between Jerry and myself, but needless to say, it is a dream come true.

I'd hoped that things moved along quicker than they have, but I now see that there's a reason. I have to get out of the way somewhat and let nature take it's course. Patience is a must.

Thanks for checking in and don't forget you can leave feedback here or on Facebook.
Pieter David Gaskin

No comments:

Post a Comment